Summer is the perfect time to do a detox because your appetite automatically decreases with the hot weather. Also there are tons of fresh organic fruits and vegetables available at your farmer’s market or grocery store. Detoxing is a natural process that will make you feel healthy, sexy, and energized. Here are some of the benefits you can expect from doing a summer detox:
- Weight Loss Happens! Toxins are stored in fat cells. As toxins are eliminated so are fat cells.
- Beautiful Skin is healthy skin. Toxins in the body can destroy our skin with pimples, wrinkles etc.
- Reduced Cravings! Don’t be surprised to find your cravings disappear effortlessly.
- More Energy! As toxic waste leaves the body you’ll get increased energy.
- Improve Your Eating Habits Effortlessly – as your body experiences and desires healthy foods.
- Helps Prevent Disease. “By regularly purging the body of unhealthy toxins and waste, you can assist the body’s natural defences and help to prevent disease before it starts.” Dr. Elson Haas
- Brain is Clearer! Improved concentration and mental focus are the result of a cleaner system.
- Joints are More Flexible, as the toxins are moved on.
- Feeling Rejuvenated, as the body is renewed.
- Being Filled with Motivation and Creativity as you feel lighter and freer.
For a easy summer detox, focus on healthy liquids to flush out your body while filling you full of nutrients. Eat plant-based foods naturally high in fiber. This will keep your gastrointestinal tract in tip top shape. Also choose foods that energize and cleanse your liver, your bodies built in detoxification center. Include plenty of fresh organic vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices, and teas in your plan. And add lots and lots of water! Here are some of the best detox foods:
- Green Leafy Vegetables, Celery, Cucumbers, Beets, Broccoli Sprouts
- Parsley, Cilantro, Watercress, Dandelion, Red Clover
- Garlic, Cayenne Pepper, Turmeric
- Spirulina, Chlorella
- Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Green Tea, Herbal Teas
- Fresh organic Fruits & Berries
- Infused & Filtered Water
- Raw Nuts & Seeds
If you’s like to try a quick and simple one day detox and cleanse.
Upon Waking – drink water with lemon and a dash of cayenne pepper
Breakfast Juice: 1 cucumber, handful of kale, ½ bunch mint, &
a handful of parsley. Wash all of your ingredients and then juice. After juicing, finish your drink off with the juice of one lemon.
Breakfast Smoothie: 1-cup coconut milk or almond milk, 1 scoop plant based protein powder, 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds, 1 cup blueberries,
1 banana, ½ cup spinach, 2 tablespoon tahini
Note: to warm your smoothie add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg or clove. By adding a warming you are warming your digestion. If you feel cold from drinking your smoothie or juice, then have a hot cup of dandelion or chamomile tea with stevia to warm your digestion.
Snack: 1 apple with 10 raw almonds
Lunch: 2 cups mixed greens, 3 tablespoons hemp seeds, 1 apple cut into small pieces, ½ avocado, 1/4 cup raisins or ¼ cup goji berries, handful of fresh parsley
Dressing: 2 tablespoons Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, juice from a lemon. Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing.
Snack: 1 pear and 10 raw walnuts
Dinner: 4 cups spring mix or spinach, 1 cup garbanzo beans, 1 pear, cored and grated, ¼ cup cranberries, 4 tablespoons balsamic or raw apple cider vinegar. Add your mixed greens and grated pear to a bowl. Add the cranberries, garbanzo beans and toss with balsamic or raw apple cider vinegar.
Before Bed: drink chamomile tea with lemon and stevia
Detoxing brings balance back and helps your body function properly. It provides rejuvenation to your skin, shinny hair, whiter stronger teeth, firmer muscles, and all the other beauty benefits of clean eating. When you adopt a natural lifestyle, you not only look and feel sexier but you’ll be healthier too! If you want a more in depth detox and cleanse program, get Awaken’s Sizzling Summer Program today: https://bettelou.me/product/sizzling-summer-detox/