Drinking Water can Improve Your Sex Drive
Are you aware that drinking can significantly influence your sex drive? No, not talking about booze… just refreshing, delicious water. Unfortunately, many don’t get the necessary amount of water to maintain healthy function. It is true that alcohol intake can interfere with you sex drive but only when you drink a lot. On the other hand, mild to moderate dehydration can lead to sexual dysfunction without causing any noticeable symptoms.
How Can Water Intake Influence Your Sex Drive?
You know that water is perhaps the most vital substance for every cell in your body. All your major organs, biological activities and functions use water molecules. You need to drink plenty of water to replace what you use through elimination, sweating, and other bodily functions. Poor tissue hydration can compromise the vitality of your cells and also lead to a number of diseases.
If you don’t drink enough water, it can affect sex your drive in a number of ways:
- Due to less intake of water, you may not feel fresh and vibrant. Since sexual stimulation has an emotional or psychological component as well, your poor energy levels may interfere with sexual stimulation.
- Poor tissue hydration directly affects the pace of energy generating processes, which deprives you of physical stamina required for sexual stimulation and the act of intercourse.
- Water acts as a filtration agent that cleans your body of impurities and toxins. If you water intake is low, the impurities, pollutants and toxins may build up in your tissues and compromise your biochemical balance, ultimately affecting your endocrine hormones and libido.
- Tissue dehydration can lead to vaginal dryness, headaches, poor circulation and low circulatory pressure to the tissues…erection…engorgement. Needless to say all these factors can interfere with libido and sex drive.
What does this all mean?
Drinking enough water gives you the energy to enjoy sex. You produce more bodily fluids and you know… natural is always better. Being well hydrated improves how you taste and how you smell to your partner. Water moisturizes your skin, leaving it smooth, supple, and oh so touchable. And your skin and hair just look better when you drink the proper amount of water daily. Who doesn’t want to look better while having sex?!?
A lot of people strive to intentionally hydrate their bodies before a workout or a run, but very few people take hydration into consideration before planning a romantic night with their partner. In fact many people I know intentionally avoid water because they don’t want frequent, awkward bathroom breaks during their fun.
This is so unhealthy! According to a latest study, during 25 to 30 minutes of sexual activity, you can lose as much water in your body as you can doing a 3-mile run. The rate of emotional and physical fatigue during sex is equivalent to a good workout.
How Can You Improve Your Sex With Higher Water Intake?
Here are a few tips to help you improve your sex drive by merely drinking more water:
- Use your height, weight, and age to figure out if you are drinking enough water.
- There are several apps that help find out the exact amount of water you need per day.
- Use a formula. Here is one to use to calculate what you’ll need without physical activity. Drink more if you are having sex. Multiple your weight times .5 and this equals the number of ounces you should drink in a day.
- Experts feel that it is generally sufficient that you drink 8 to 12 glasses of water each day.
- Follow your thirst/gut and drink whenever you want.
- Increase your fluid intake in hot, humid weather or after a strenuous workout session or activity (sex).
- Avoid beverages or foods that may impact hydration like caffeinated beverages (tea or coffee), alcohol and soda drinks.
- Last but not the least, increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables because they are high in fluids. They also contain vital nutrients that will improve your sex drive and sexual experience.
One of the best ways to improve your health and your sex life is to drink plenty of water. Watch the video, ‘How To Drink Yourself To A Sexy, Healthy, Younger You!’, and get what you need to reach optimal health and wellness.